To refer an emergency referral case to us, please call 01928 711400:
- Once connected, listen to the instructions and dial “1” for emergency referrals
- For all cases, a brief case history is required on the call to assess clinical need
- A further discussion will take place between the Emergency Coordinator or Intern with the Specialist Clinician
- After which, you will speak with our reception or Intern team within 10 minutes to confirm the appointment time
- Once accepted, we require the patient’s full case history as per our existing process (either emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or via an eFax on 01928 711466)
- We will confirm the appointment time with you and the pet owner
Our emergency phone line is monitored by an Emergency Coordinator as follows:
Monday – Friday: 8am – 6pm
At all other times and out-of-hours, the phone line is manned by an intern based within the hospital. All referrals are managed in conjunction with the on-call Specialist Clinician for each discipline.
To refer a routine referral case to us, please complete the Referral and Advice form and email it to email@example.com or fax it to 01928 711466. We will then make an appointment with the owner.
Alternatively, you can call 01928 711400. Once connected, listen to the instructions and dial “1” followed by option “2”.
For all cases, a brief case history is required on the call to assess the clinical need.
We are discontinuing ‘Norman Referrals’ service with immediate effect.
We recognise that every call is important. Your call, if not an emergency referral call, will be placed in a queuing system to ensure it is dealt with promptly.
For further information please contact Louise Kurnaz – Hospital Director via email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Northwest Veterinary Specialists is committed to the ongoing teaching and development of veterinary practitioners & students
Our contributions include residency programs and internships, speaking at national and international conferences, publishing in scientific journals, regular free newsletters for veterinary practitioners with reviews on current developments in all small animal disciplines and twice yearly free CPD meetings for veterinary surgeons and nurses. If you are a student interested in EMS with us please click here for further information.